Quickflix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Quickflix wants to raise almost $6 million to help it secure new TV and movie content ahead of the arrival of US giant Netflix in Australia.
The imminent arrival of Netflix in Australia could give heart palpitations to the Australian media companies, according to an Australian analyst.
In what could be a pre-emptive strike against Netflix, Foxtel has halved the price of its subscription video streaming service to $9.99 per month, Presto.
Online and DVD rental company Quickflix (ASX: QFX) has reported a 4 per cent increase in paying customers to 102,248 following the launch of streaming services on consoles including the Sony PlayStation 4 during December 2013.
Quickflix and AAPT have signed an agreement to allow Quickflix to scale its movie and TV streaming in Australia and New Zealand.
- Classifieds, general display show strong growth in latest IAB online advertising report
- Getting digital strategy right at Village Roadshow
- Teradata and Localz partner up on proximity marketing tech
- Telstra confirms outside candidate to replace Buckman as media and marketing chief
- Dumb Ways to Die creators launch second game