quest software - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services has announced support for a handful of Windows Server applications in its public cloud, the company's latest move to attract enterprise IT shops.
Reflecting the growing need for automation tools in the enterprise, Quest Software has released a software package that could help Unix administrators better manage policy files that determine which users can access privileged material and programs on Unix and Linux systems.
Name: Scott Davidson
An improving economy should be spurring CFOs to hire workers to handle the increased business that their companies are experiencing lately. But a survey conducted in conjunction with the latest Robert Half Financial Hiring Index finds that finance executives are being extremely cautious about how they increase headcount.
Quest Software announced Tuesday that it is buying data-protection vendor BakBone for $US55 million, adding to its own portfolio of similar wares. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
SharePoint 2010 may be on Microsoft's immediate road map, but users churning away on the current 2007 platform can still juice their rollouts with a host of add-ons that make the existing version seem new again.
- Netgear launches its first Cloud-based IT service platform
- Gazal Telecom ends up on ASIC wind up list
- Technology is not the biggest security problem: CompTIA
- Huawei Australia and the Canberra Raiders get behind Bowel Cancer Australia
- Public safety technology is central to becoming a smart city: Hitachi Data Systems
- Report: Aussie CMOs strive for customer centricity but hindered by pace of change
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL
- Why Open Colleges, Virgin Mobile are backing a new tool for brand advocacy
- Digital marketers look for behavioral triggers
- Can brand builders do well and do good?