Changes to the Privacy Act 1988 which come into effect in March 2014 could see a shift in security spending, according to Gartner Australia research director Rob McMillan.
Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
With new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) coming into law in March 2014, Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim says now is the time for organisations to start preparing by conducting a review of privacy policies.
There has been a mixed reaction from the ICT industry to amendments to the Privacy Act with some organisations welcoming the changes while others say more work needs to done on privacy issues.
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012 was passed in Parliament today, giving privacy commissioner Timothy Pilgrim more powers, including the right to seek civil penalties in the case of serious breaches of privacy.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW