Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012 - News, Features, and Slideshows
Changes to the Privacy Act 1988 which come into effect in March 2014 could see a shift in security spending, according to Gartner Australia research director Rob McMillan.
With new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) coming into law in March 2014, Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim says now is the time for organisations to start preparing by conducting a review of privacy policies.
There has been a mixed reaction from the ICT industry to amendments to the Privacy Act with some organisations welcoming the changes while others say more work needs to done on privacy issues.
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012 was passed in Parliament today, giving privacy commissioner Timothy Pilgrim more powers, including the right to seek civil penalties in the case of serious breaches of privacy.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities