- Check Point Researchers Discover Significant Vulnerability that Could Be Used to Take Control of Millions of Consumer and Business Internet Routers
- EU exploit vendors will need a ‘licence to sell’ from 31 December
- The 'grinch' isn't a Linux vulnerability, Red Hat says
- Box's Box Trust and Box EMM offer better BYOD security
- Driver's license app on a smartphone raises privacy issues
privacy act - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) breached the Privacy Act when it failed to “adequately protect” the personal information of approximately 9,250 asylum seekers, said Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim today.
Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, has ordered Telstra to pay $18,000 and apologise to a family law judge after it published his name and address in the White Pages.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) received 4,239 privacy complaints during FY14, a 183 per cent increase on the 1,496 received in the previous financial year, according to a report.
Over 80 per cent of 150 companies surveyed by IDC Australia were aware of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) changes but 72 per cent of those said that they sought third party guidance on data management, according to a new whitepaper.
A cyber attack against dating website operator Cupid Media, which led to the details of 254,000 Australian users being stolen, could have been prevented if the company had password encryption measures, found Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim.
Whitepapers about privacy act
The proposed amendments to the Privacy Act, due to come into effect in 2014, reinforce both the importance and significance of upholding data security. Data protection has long been a priority for many businesses, but the rise in technology trends only create challenges in security protection. This research looks at how businesses are more likely to encounter breaches due to lack or awareness from employees rather than from malicious intent.
- Optus Business boosts Microsoft skills with Ensyst acquisition
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year