- Mobile users 'more likely to be struck by lightning' than infected by malware
- Government-private sector collaboration vital for cyber security: Brandis
- Talking ’bout my generation – the next wave of infosec
- Australia's online ads less fraudulent but lower quality than elsewhere
- Project Fi will help Google amass even more data about you
polycom - News, Features, and Slideshows
polycom in pictures
Over the last four years, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Passaic County, N.J. has helped 90 victims of domestic violence get 39 restraining orders, all from the emergency room and without their ever needing to set foot in a courthouse. That's thanks to off-the-shelf Polycom videoconferencing technology and a partnership with a local Passaic County judge's office.
A video conferencing deployment by the New South Wales Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) in June 2014 has saved it thousands of dollars in transport allowances/accommodation as it no longer needs to send staff to headquarters in Lidcombe, Sydney for training.
Businesses can communicate with each other using different videoconferencing products with a B2B service announced by Telstra.
Sales of video conferencing and telepresence hardware systems are declining, hurt by an increase in cloud and software-based options that often are cheaper and simpler to deploy, according to an IDC study.
Since 99Designs was founded the startup has expanded from its initial office in Melbourne to have a presence on the ground in the US, Germany and Brazil.
- IN PICTURES: RSA Conference 2015, San Francisco, April 20-24 (+37 photos)
- Technology investment in SMEs set to escalate in 2015: Robert Half
- Bulletproof increases focus on southern region in Australia with new senior hire
- EXCLUSIVE: Huawei and iCITA - a partnership cemented in the datacentre
- HP nabs Randstad most attractive employer in ICT award
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement