- 1Password's update highlights the difference between two-step and two-factor verification
- The end for 1024-bit SSL certificates is near, Mozilla kills a few more
- Carbon Black 5.0 released to help security teams respond faster
- LightCyber rolls out new features for endpoint malware detection platform
- Mozilla puts old hardware to new use, runs Tor relays
police - News, Features, and Slideshows
INTERPOL has signed a three-year contract with Trend Micro which will see the security vendor provide resources, information and staff to the international police organisation and its 190 member countries, including Australia.
The 2013/14 financial year saw more than six times the number of Australian investigations into online child sexual abuse material, according to figures released today by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
Federal government information sharing agency CrimTrac has commenced the search for a new system that will recognise fingerprints, faces, palm prints, speech, scars, marks and tattoos.
Police in Queensland will employ a CSIRO-developed 3D scanner to map crime scenes, the state government announced today.
The Coalition victory in the federal election could bode well for Australian police seeking a portion of the 700MHz spectrum that went unsold in the Digital Dividend auction.
By combining business intelligence and two foundations of Web 2.0 -- search and mapping -- a police department in the US state of Kentucky has built a brand-new window into crime. This Web-based BI portal allows patrol officers to enter data -- or even pieces of data such as a few numbers from a license plate -- into a simple search interface and retrieve information from their own databases and those of neighboring towns.
- FCC banks nearly $45 billion in landmark AWS-3 spectrum auction
- FBI consultant: Silk Road founder carried millions worth of bitcoins on laptop
- Wi-Fi issues continue to hamper OS X users despite updates
- FCC redefines advanced broadband as 25 Mbps, Republicans blow a gasket
- Scientists say AI fears unfounded, could hinder tech advances
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities
- Mondelez A/NZ head of marketing services takes up China role
- Why social listening platforms are failing