- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
- John Lewis mail glitch leaves customers with £1.53 bill for marketing circular
- 2014's vulnerability surge left Mac OS, iOS more exposed than Windows
- D-Link remote access vulnerabilities remain unpatched
platform as a service - News, Features, and Slideshows
Coles has adopted a cloud-first policy as an extension of long-running architecture principles that gave preference to buying software over building it.
In 2011 Gartner's Jim Sinur predicted that business process management and the cloud would be the "real thunder." He stated that moving operations to the cloud would free up money and efforts for businesses, and those organizations would be remiss to ignore BPM.
Cloud-based infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is for renting storage and compute capacity from a service provider, delivered via an Internet connection. Similarly, software as a service (SaaS) is for accessing applications that are hosted in the cloud.
As acceptance of platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services continues to accelerate, companies are increasingly free to bypass underlying in-house IT infrastructure and OS requirements, focusing instead on the type of services required and service level agreements (SLA). And that spells the beginning of the end of having to deal with the cost and hassles of complex middleware.
Even most non-techies probably have an idea of what cloud computing is by now, but when you start getting into IaaS vs. SaaS vs. PaaS even those of us in the industry can struggle.
Whitepapers about platform as a service
This report focuses on the cloud-based BPM offerings now being delivered by many BPM vendors, in particular those that offer Platform as a Service BPM to complement their on premise license based solutions. ·PaaS provides ways to mitigate shortfalls in BPM, provides cost-effective usage-based funding and requires little in the way of support ·In order to anchor any assessment of BPM PaaS offerings, it is important to appreciate the most prevalent use cases ·This paper offers a vendor review with regards to cloud computing characteristics, BPM functionality and solution extensions
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week