The blocking of 1200 websites by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission has set off calls for tighter controls on the federal government.
Pirate Party - News, Features, and Slideshows
Pirate Bay co-founder Peter Sunde is planning to run for the European Parliament in 2014.
Pirate Party Australia, modelled after the European Pirate Party movement, has announced the pre-selection of Senate candidates in New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria.
The Senate has beat back a Pirate Party petition against a proposed data retention law under consideration by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.
The Pirate Bay has opened two new gateways to its internal network in order to shield its current Internet provider, the Swedish Pirate Party, which had been threatened with legal action if it did not stop providing Internet access to the torrent search site by Tuesday.
Sweden's Pirate Party won 7.13 percent of the vote in elections earlier this month. Its campaign for the respect of privacy, the reform of copyright law and the abolition of the patent system earned it a seat in the European Parliament, and it may yet gain another seat there, if planned changes to the number of seats attributed to each country win approval.
- Top insights from the Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report 2017. Watch Video
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Discover security insights, key findings, and the latest cybersecurity threats taken from threat intelligence. Access the full report now
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow