phone - News, Features, and Slideshows
An earthquake on New Zealand’s Cook Strait did not damage Telecom NZ and Vodafone networks, but precipitated a large number calls that congested both networks.
Revelations about surveillance activities by the National Security Agency (NSA) in the US may fuel fears among Australian businesses about offshoring data, according to privacy advocates.
Optus has revealed “naked” broadband and fixed phone plans for customers who don’t want to bundle their phone and Internet plans.
Nearly a third of small business owners suffer from significant customer service issues with phone and broadband providers, according to a report released by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
Bethsalem Care suffered years of poor WiFi and IP telecommunications before learning that faulty configuration was to blame.
- Fastway marketing chief: Making the switch from B2B to consumer connections
- How HelloFresh's CMO uses a surprising tool to bring data closer to the business
- B2B marketers splurging on content and digital; struggling with ROI
- ADMA announces new board changes
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu