- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
- John Lewis mail glitch leaves customers with £1.53 bill for marketing circular
- 2014's vulnerability surge left Mac OS, iOS more exposed than Windows
- D-Link remote access vulnerabilities remain unpatched
Peter Sondergaard - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many global organisations have failed to implement a data management strategy but will have to as IT leaders need to support big data volumes, velocity and variety, according to a new Gartner report.
As more enterprises invest in big data, 960,000 new IT jobs will be created in the Asia-Pacific region in the next three years, but only one-third of these big data roles will be filled due to a skills shortage, according to a Gartner analyst.
CIOs must move from quick wins to being the master of their balance sheets and major business operations, Gartner’s head of global research has claimed.
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week