Peter Sondergaard - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many global organisations have failed to implement a data management strategy but will have to as IT leaders need to support big data volumes, velocity and variety, according to a new Gartner report.
As more enterprises invest in big data, 960,000 new IT jobs will be created in the Asia-Pacific region in the next three years, but only one-third of these big data roles will be filled due to a skills shortage, according to a Gartner analyst.
CIOs must move from quick wins to being the master of their balance sheets and major business operations, Gartner’s head of global research has claimed.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split