- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
patches - News, Features, and Slideshows
Based on data gathered over the first six months of 2014, security researchers from IBM X-Force predict that the number of publicly reported vulnerabilities will drop to under 8,000 this year, a first since 2011.
BlackBerry's focus on strong security as a key differentiator for its devices does not mean that they're completely free of flaws. The company released security updates Tuesday for both the OS running on its smartphones and for its enterprise server software.
Adobe Systems has released security patches for its Flash Player, Reader and Acrobat products, addressing a total of eight vulnerabilities, including one that is being exploited by attackers.
Nine software fixes were released Wednesday for OpenSSL, a critical encryption component for exchanging data on the web, although none of the problems are as severe as the "Heartbleed" issue found in April.
Symantec has released a patch for privilege escalation flaws in its Endpoint Protection product, and the company which found the issues released the exploit code on Tuesday.
- Exclusive: HP EVP lays out strategy at HP World Tour 2014 (+51 photos)
- Security Operations Centre in Sydney to grow into APJ hub: Symantec
- Federal government injects $8.4 billion to NBN
- Fibre, Ethernet key to Vocus’ $13.6m record profit
- SAP backs innovation centre launch with $60m investment in Victoria
- How PaaS is helping Voltswagon to deliver customer leads on mobile
- Baskin-Robbins appoints new marketing chief and plans customer loyalty overhaul
- Qantas Loyalty won't be sold off, confirms Joyce
- Salesforce renames and revamps Communities service
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy