Telecommunications company, Huawei, showcases its LTE network in a shipping container
optus - News, Features, and Slideshows
optus in pictures
In this series, Computerworld takes a look into the major events of 2009 which shaped Australian telcos.
Optus it installing small cells in 12 locations in the Northern Territory, the telco said today.
Telstra and Optus are two of half a dozen network operators around the world whose pricing is significantly higher than other bandwidth providers, according to CloudFlare
Optus Business will roll out Wi-Fi to 81 shopping centres and six corporate sites under a $20 million deal struck with Vicinity Centres.
Optus has registered an 11.9 per cent decline in its first quarter profit. The telco reported a Q1 net profit of $173 million, down from $196 million in the prior corresponding period.
Enterprise service management company ServiceNow has recruited former Optus Business IT director Apurva (Aps) Chikhalikar for a newly create C-level role in the Asia Pacific and Japan region.
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
The Telstra T-Touch Tab and the Optus MyTab are two of the first low cost tablet devices launched in Australia that attempt to provide an alternative to the Apple iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the popular HTC Desire and the iPad tablet.
Telstra has acknowledged wider telecommunications industry concerns about the need for greater equivalence and transparency in its submission to the National Broadband Network: Regulatory Reform for 21st Century Broadband discussion paper.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.