Telecommunications company, Huawei, showcases its LTE network in a shipping container
optus - News, Features, and Slideshows
optus in pictures
In this series, Computerworld takes a look into the major events of 2009 which shaped Australian telcos.
Telstra says that some 200 cell sites in north Queensland and South Australia have received a speed boost, with the telco saying they have received up to 50 per cent more 4G capacity.
Telstra believes that given changes in communications technology employed by Australians the Universal Service Obligation (USO) should be updated; however the USO itself should be kept, at least until the rollout of the National Broadband Network is completed.
Some 175,000 Optus customers will receive refunds totalling $2.4 million after the telco failed to provide some customers of its mobile phone insurance offering with a product disclosure statement and a financial services guide.
Optus Wholesale today announced it had made a range of improvements to its National Broadband Network offering, which allows ISPs to sell services to end users connected at any of the NBN’s 121 Points of Interconnect (POIs).
Optus has confirmed that it is considering outsourcing elements of its finance and HR operations.
Technology giant Apple recently unveiled the company's latest iPhone -- the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on faster performance, a better camera and a new voice recognition service to win over consumers.
The Telstra T-Touch Tab and the Optus MyTab are two of the first low cost tablet devices launched in Australia that attempt to provide an alternative to the Apple iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the popular HTC Desire and the iPad tablet.
Telstra has acknowledged wider telecommunications industry concerns about the need for greater equivalence and transparency in its submission to the National Broadband Network: Regulatory Reform for 21st Century Broadband discussion paper.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing