- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
open source - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian software developer Two Bulls is spinning out a new company, Higgns, to exploit its software of the same name, which uses the AllJoyn open software framework for Internet of Things devices.
govCMS — the cloud-hosted, Drupal-based content management system for federal government departments and agencies — has added new features that make it easier for government organisations to syndicate their content to other sites.
Node.js will be at the heart of how Yahoo7 serves pages across its online properties under a project included in its current 12-month technology plan.
The open source, Australian-developed secure microkernel seL4 has hit version 2.0.0, the project has announced.
The long-awaited eighth edition of open source web platform Drupal has been released.
Acquia, the company co-founded by Drupal creator Dries Buytaert, has closed a US$55 equity funding round.
IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
IBM has set up a new code repository that aims to foster collaborative development of enterprise open source software -- and it may also drum up interest in its own Bluemix platform services.
The government's govCMS project has made its Drupal distribution available for download.
Potentially saving the world from another online security disaster like last year's Heartbleed, Amazon Web Services has released as open source a cryptographic module for securing sensitive data passing over the Internet.
Breaking out of its Windows ecosystem, Microsoft has introduced a version of the Visual Studio development tool that can run on Linux and Apple Mac machines.
LAS VEGAS -- Linux network operating system developer <a href="http://cumulusnetworks.com/">Cumulus Networks</a> this week at <a href="http://www.interop.com/lasvegas/">Interop</a> rolled out a management platform that provides a common interface and operational process for data center racks.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Australian web development shop PreviousNext is planning to release a significantly re-architected version of its aGov web platform before the end of the financial year.
Every year, open-source software "eats" more of the business world.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation