- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- Hackers try to blackmail plastic surgeon after stealing 500,000 patient records
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- DDoS Attackers Change Techniques To Wallop Sites
Qantas has warned customers to be wary of a fake e-ticket itinerary and receipt email currently circulating.
Cricket fans in Australia are being warned not to reply to an email which claims they have won money in the 2013 Ashes series.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has warned consumers about a ransomware scam which uses the logos of ACMA and the Australian Federal Police.
Australia’s dependence on the Internet has made it a target for a significant volume of Web threats, according to a new Deakin University report.
US-headquarted security company Cylance has opened an office in Sydney to serve the Asia-Pacific region.
Little progress has been made with securing Western Australia universities and TAFEs against cyber security attacks, according to the Audit Results Report 2012 tabled by Western Australian Auditor General, Colin Murphy.
The focus on cyber security in the Department of Defence’s White Paper is a good start but retraining and upgrading skills that are in short supply at present is needed according to one security analyst.
Reducing vulnerability to cyber attacks is a high priority for the Department of Defence and work needs to be done to improve its networks according to a new white paper released today.
Managed service provider Anittel Group (ASX: AYG) has reduced the number of hours fixing customer malware problems since it chose Webroot as its managed antivirus service.
Trend Micro has teamed up with Deakin and Macquarie universities for the purposes of online security research and development.
In order to better serve customers in Australia and New Zealand, FireEye has hired its first A/NZ regional director Phil Vasic.
Visa subsidiary CyberSource has been selected by the Flight Centre, Cotton On and Kathmandu to secure online payments when customers are booking flights or buying apparel.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has today confirmed that it was the victim of a targeted email-based virus attack in 2011 following an Australian Financial Review investigation.
Australia has become the 39th country to sign as a party to the Council of Europe Convention on Cybercrime meaning that local law enforcement agencies will be able to obtain data about cybercrime from international partner agencies.
The data breach of 49,500 audience usernames and hashed versions of passwords from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) website Making Australia Happy should serve as a lesson for other companies that deal with personal information, according to security industry experts.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- Experts: Avoid big mistakes with Oracle's Exadata
- Steve Jobs' character becomes issue in Silicon Valley no-hiring case
- FCC vote on incentive auction plan could further open broadband competition
- Google tech to bring 3D mapping smarts to NASA's space station robots
- Plastic computers taking shape, but won't replace silicon
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size