One Laptop Per Child is back in the tablet race, announcing a new 7-inch tablet with the Android OS that will be sold commercially and include its learning software.
One Laptop Per Child Project - News, Features, and Slideshows
One Laptop Per Child has cancelled plans to release its XO-3 tablet, although technology from that project could still be used in other products, OLPC Chairman Nicholas Negroponte said.
One Laptop Per Child is developing new functionality and protection features for its upcoming XO-3 tablet with the hope to attract more interest in the device.
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) showed off the next version of its famous laptops on Thursday at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, saying the new price-per laptop has been reduced to US$165 each and power consumption has been slashed by half compared to the previous version.
Nicholas Negroponte, chairman of One Laptop Per Child said that the XO-3 tablet computer will debut sometime in February 2011, about 45 days later than originally planned.
- INSIGHTS: The State of Cloud Storage & Collaboration 2016 - Take this 5 min survey and you could WIN a $500 Visa gift card : START SURVEY NOW
- REGISTER NOW! The TCS Global Insights Knowledge Sharing Program is up and running. Feb-May. Sydney.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- CSO Live Webcast: Hear from KuppingerCole Analysts and ForgeRock on User-Managed Access. Register now
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!