- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
- Hackers taget toy maker VTech, make off with customer data
- Microsoft enables potential unwanted software detection for enterprise customers
- Make sure the cloud doesn't fog up your window into network security
- ANZ mobile adoption matching world pace for Wi-Fi security management: Aruba
OAIC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia’s privacy commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, is planning to conduct privacy assessments of organisations that are forced to collect so-called telecommunications ‘metadata’ to comply with the government’s data retention regime.
Telecommunications firm TeleChoice has reached an enforceable undertaking agreement with the Acting Australian Information Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, following a privacy breach where the personal details of former TeleChoice customers in a shipping container were accessed.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) received 2841 privacy complaints during FY2015, a 33 per cent decrease on the 4239 received in the previous financial year, according to its annual report.
Australian Information Commissioner Professor John McMillan will take on the role of NSW Ombudsman from Bruce Barbour after 30 June.
To mark Data Privacy Day (January 28), privacy commissioners in Australia are urging people to stay safe online by taking steps to protect their personal information.
- MCN to appoint first chief data officer as part of digital and tech-led c-suite overhaul
- From tactical overhead to strategic growth driver: B2B marketing in the digital age
- Sensis overhauls NPS framework
- 5 Adtech companies that have made the US$1bn Unicorn club
- Getting email marketing back on track: Identity Direct's story