- CryptoLocker's UK victims escape malware's clutches with backups
- Netflix open sources internal threat monitoring tools
- Symantec courting Australian security talent as Sydney facility opened
- The week in security: Healthcare breach prompts govt security response
- Cleveland Indians turn to SIEM in malware, botnet battle
OAIC - News, Features, and Slideshows
A cyber attack against dating website operator Cupid Media, which led to the details of 254,000 Australian users being stolen, could have been prevented if the company had password encryption measures, found Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim.
Organisations who haven’t done anything about the Privacy Act need to put best practice measures, such as privacy training, in place before Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim comes knocking, according to IBRS advisor James Turner.
eBay Australia is advising all of its customers to change their password, following confirmation by its United States parent company that cyber criminals accessed a database that contained eBay customer details including encrypted passwords.
The federal government has set aside $140 million in the budget for the operation of the PCEHR program
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has begun a privacy sweep of the 50 most popular apps in Australia to see why they collect personal information and what is done with the data.
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy
- AMI appoints Lee Tonitto as new CEO
- Cloudwords CMO: Marketing is returning to the human element
- Amazon to acquire video game streaming site Twitch for US$970 million
- Automation and data management technologies top marketing tech list