- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 2
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- VPN users, beware: You may not be as safe as you think you are
- Hacktivist group possibly compromised hundreds of websites
- Report: Every company is compromised, but most infections not yet at critical stage
OAIC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Information Commissioner Professor John McMillan will take on the role of NSW Ombudsman from Bruce Barbour after 30 June.
To mark Data Privacy Day (January 28), privacy commissioners in Australia are urging people to stay safe online by taking steps to protect their personal information.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) is deciding whether to investigate travel insurance company, Aussietravelcover (ATC) after reports that personal information including names, phone numbers, email addresses, travel dates and policy costs were hacked on 18 December, 2014.
Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, has ordered Telstra to pay $18,000 and apologise to a family law judge after it published his name and address in the White Pages.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) received 4,239 privacy complaints during FY14, a 183 per cent increase on the 1,496 received in the previous financial year, according to a report.