Australia’s privacy commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, is planning to conduct privacy assessments of organisations that are forced to collect so-called telecommunications ‘metadata’ to comply with the government’s data retention regime.
OAIC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telecommunications firm TeleChoice has reached an enforceable undertaking agreement with the Acting Australian Information Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, following a privacy breach where the personal details of former TeleChoice customers in a shipping container were accessed.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) received 2841 privacy complaints during FY2015, a 33 per cent decrease on the 4239 received in the previous financial year, according to its annual report.
Australian Information Commissioner Professor John McMillan will take on the role of NSW Ombudsman from Bruce Barbour after 30 June.
To mark Data Privacy Day (January 28), privacy commissioners in Australia are urging people to stay safe online by taking steps to protect their personal information.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now