Nutanix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Ease of deployment and management makes it likely that an increasing proportion of Mater Health Services' virtual desktops will be delivered courtesy of converged infrastructure.
Mohit Aron has a tough act to follow: His previous startup, Nutanix, may be on the cusp of filing for an IPO that values the hyperconverged infrastructure company at $2.5 billion. But Aron is off to a good start with his new venture, Cohesity, which this week emerges from stealth mode with $70 million in venture funding, reference-able customers such as Tribune Media, and a focus on a potentially big market in converging the secondary storage that houses so much DevOps, data protection, analytics and other unstructured data.
Reports surfaced last week that Cisco may be close to buying hyperconvergence start-up Nutanix.
Logistics company, Hellmann Australia, has moved from a conventional blade server and SAN setup to converged infrastructure in order to switch from big bang upgrades to incremental storage and compute capacity increases.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2163943/lan-wan/cisco--emc-data-center-coalition-feels-on-solid-ground.html">VCE</a>, the converged infrastructure consortium of Cisco and EMC, this week unveiled new and enhanced data center IT systems, including an all-flash memory platform for mixed workloads.
- NIST sets the stage for contactless fingerprint readers
- MainOne's MDX-i taps Azure to offer cloud services in West Africa
- Auction house puts pristine 39-year-old Apple-1 on the block
- CISA likely coming back to Senate, amid doubts about effectiveness
- Review: Office 2016 for Mac offers a new interface and better features
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC