Nutanix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Hyundai's Australian subsidiary is close to completing a company-wide VDI rollout. Head of IT at Hyundai Motor Company Australia, Bala Kothandaraman, said that virtual desktops had been rolled out to around 45 per cent of the organisation's 200 end users, with the remainder to transition in two months.
Hornsby Shire Council in northern Sydney is in the pilot phase of a rollout of virtual desktop infrastructure. The rollout, which is due to be completed by the end of June, will involve shifting the council's employees from Windows XP to virtual Windows 7 desktops delivered via Nutanix converged infrastructure.
NSW government-owned electricity network operator TransGrid is preparing to migrate virtual desktops off its SAN and onto Nutanix converged infrastructure appliances.
For a social media company that manages billions of messages and photo uploads per year, Facebook's ability to keep on top of that didn't come without experiencing some “growing pains”, according to former technical lead Kannan Muthukkaruppan.
World Nomads Group, a Sydney-based online travel insurance company, is planning to add email and SMS notifications to its Tripwise iOS and Android mobile app so it can contact customers about specific dangers.
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added distributor
- Express Data's Siobhan Delaney Miller joins Westcon
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads