- New malware spreads over Twitch chat, targets Steam accounts
- Isles of Scilly council dragged over coals by Information Commissioner for letting documents slip
- Researcher disputes report BlackPOS used in Home Depot, Target attacks
- IDF 2014: Developers must address security and privacy concerns as IoT grows
- VMware and Cisco patch vulnerabilities in datacentre gear and software
Nutanix - News, Features, and Slideshows
VMworld 2014: VMware calls new "hyper-converged" system a building block for software-defined datacentres
VMware this week unveiled at its VMworld event the first in a family of "hyper-converged" systems, a product called EVO:RAIL that it says will help customers build software-defined datacentres.
Hyundai's Australian subsidiary is close to completing a company-wide VDI rollout. Head of IT at Hyundai Motor Company Australia, Bala Kothandaraman, said that virtual desktops had been rolled out to around 45 per cent of the organisation's 200 end users, with the remainder to transition in two months.
Hornsby Shire Council in northern Sydney is in the pilot phase of a rollout of virtual desktop infrastructure. The rollout, which is due to be completed by the end of June, will involve shifting the council's employees from Windows XP to virtual Windows 7 desktops delivered via Nutanix converged infrastructure.
NSW government-owned electricity network operator TransGrid is preparing to migrate virtual desktops off its SAN and onto Nutanix converged infrastructure appliances.
For a social media company that manages billions of messages and photo uploads per year, Facebook's ability to keep on top of that didn't come without experiencing some “growing pains”, according to former technical lead Kannan Muthukkaruppan.
- Business concerned about 'knock-on' costs of Federal Government data retention crackdown
- Thiess signs NBN contract to connect 170,000 premises per year
- Brisbane IT firm offers "miracle" cure for hospital robots
- Sage inks A/NZ distribution deal with Aritmos Group
- Security discussion should be around business, not just technology: WatchGuard
- US retailer Kohl's develops prototype to predict shopping trolley abandonment
- Google acquires online survey specialist Polar
- Permission-based programmatic advertising taps into customer data disclosure trend
- Qantas confirms launch of customer data management business
- Retailers need to lift their mobile and digital game, finds new report