- Drive-by attack relies on hacked GoDaddy accounts
- Message security in spotlight as 'Minister for Encryption' Turnbull reasserts importance of privacy
- FREAK is another serious flaw in the Web's encryption
- Google to stop patching Chrome for 60M Android users this May
- Snowden willing to face trial in US, if it's fair
NPD Group - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's strategy in giving away one-year Office 365 subscriptions to many of its tablet- and notebook-making partners is all about matching not just the price but also the functionality of Chromebooks and cheap Android tablets, an analyst said today.
Apple sold a record 5.75 million Macs in the quarter that ended December 31, an increase of 19 per cent that beat the overall industry by a wide margin, according to IDC.
U.S. retailers will mark down Apple's iPad with steep discounts this Black Friday, according to store circulars and a retail analyst.
Apple today added a new entry-level iMac to its line, pricing it 15% lower than the previous cheapest model but dramatically scaling back the all-in-one's performance/
Microsoft picked the wrong screen size for its new Surface Pro 3 if it really plans to push the hybrid device as a replacement for premium-priced notebooks, a retail analyst said.
While Google and Microsoft are using large amounts of free cloud storage to sell inexpensive consumer notebooks, Apple has stood above the fray.
Chromebooks had a very good year, according to retailer Amazon.com and industry analysts. And that's bad news for Microsoft.
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Twitter CFO floats idea of newspaper-like 'daily edition'
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived