- Tencent, Qihoo antimalware firms are accused of cheating, stripped of rankings in antivirus tests
- Civil liberties groups oppose bill ending NSA's bulk phone records program
- Hospital group criticized for emailing health information
- Lawmakers move to end warrantless surveillance of US residents
- The Internet of Things to take a beating in DefCon hacking contest
non-profit - News, Features, and Slideshows
As a social enterprise, Sydney startup GiveEasy has faced a unique road gathering support for an app that streamlines sending donations to charity.
Compassion Australia has saved thousands of dollars since shifting to a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) mobile strategy, according to the non-profit organisation's systems administrator of projects, Blessing Matore.
Google is granting US$23 million to seven not-for-profit organisations to support technology innovations that are “changing the world”, the company said.
An innovative new type of mobile advertising is being used to funnel money to support hunger relief efforts. Dubbed GetCharitable, the new Android app replaces the background image on a phone with a periodically updated ad, revenue from which is then directed to an international anti-famine group -- offering users a way to help combat famine for free.
Non-profit organisation, One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Australia, continues to roll out budget laptops to primary school children in the Northern Territory with 200 devices being delivered to the remote town of Yirrkala.
- Billabong to rollout NetSuite omni-channel retail platform globally
- Woolworths details 3-year strategy to become customer centric
- Shingy: Are you creative enough with your customer engagement?
- Microsoft said to be considering a bid for Salesforce
- CMO Council: Marketers lack right customer metrics for digital transformation