- Security Watch: FireEye appoints first ever Asia Pac president
- Arbor-Cisco deal enlists service providers in the fight to push DDoS defences away from customer networks
- Microsoft’s rolls out ‘free’ iOS, Android MDM with Office 365 business plans
- Optus undertakes extensive security review as sanction for “significant” privacy breaches
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
Nextep - News, Features, and Slideshows
AAPT announced it has agreed to acquire the Nextep DSL business from NEC Australia. The deal is part of a long-term partnership between AAPT and NEC, AAPT said.
Enhancements to NEC’s wholesale Nextep regional digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM) and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) networks mean subscribers in 62 regional areas across Australia will gain access to speeds of up to 20 megabits per second on its assymetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) service.
NEC-owned Nextep today launched a 3G connect service, built to complement its private networking services.
Broadband wholesaler Nextep, a division of NEC, is upgrading its network to an IP/MPLS routing infrastructure with Juniper Networks.
- Microsoft activates Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online on local datacentres
- NBN Co hits back at TPG with Fibre-to-the-Building launch
- Opengear deploys ZTP capabilities across its products
- Cirrus Networks signs $4.6 million in contracts via new strategy
- Invigor uses Big Data to slice prices for consumers