It was probably inevitable: The New York Times announced Tuesday it will produce one-sentence stories and other content on various topics for the Apple Watch, the day the device first goes on sale on April 24.
new york times - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google will submit plans this week to build a new headquarters in Mountain View, Calif.
U.S. officials now believe North Korea is behind the attack that took down Sony Pictures Entertainment's computer network and posted contents on the Internet, but the government hasn't decided whether to formally accuse the country of carrying out the hack, according to <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/us-links-north-korea-to-sony-hacking.html">The New York Times</a>.
For the last two months the video-game industry has been embroiled in an ugly outbreak of name-calling and worse. This dustup, called <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2840556/the-charge-of-the-troll-brigade-what-to-know-about-gamergate.html">Gamergate</a>, was named after a hashtag on Twitter, where much of the nasty fight has taken place. It's a battle in which women have been threatened with violence and even death by hardcore gamers. The women's crime, in their eyes: They criticized what they see as the anti-woman, anti-gay, racist nature of games and many people in the industry.
Facebook is preparing to launch a mobile app that would enable users to interact online anonymously.
It has been an exceptional year for IT security breaches, which have become part of an escalating trend in destructive attacks. And they're going to get worse.
A major problem with the H-1B debate is the absence of displaced IT workers in news media accounts. Much of the reporting is one-sided -- and there's a reason for this.
No matter who Microsoft names as its new CEO early in 2014, the pick will trigger comments from experts and technology leaders who question the sanity of the board, the person who took the job or everyone involved.
As rumors swirl that Twitter is gearing up for an initial public offering (IPO), industry analysts say the timing is right for such a move.
Microsoft's Tami Reller, the CFO and head of marketing for the Windows division, went on a mini publicity spree. But she didn't say very much.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today