- French lawmakers take first step toward gathering all communications metadata
- Mobile ransomware targets Canadian porn viewers
- Cybercriminals borrow from APT playbook in attack against PoS vendors
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, May 5
- Netflix open-sources security incident management tool
NEC - News, Features, and Slideshows
Japan has robot chops aplenty. Honda has the world's most sophisticated humanoid robot, Japanese industrial robot makers are among the best, and the country's space agency landed a robot probe on a speeding asteroid and returned samples to Earth.
Cloud computing and SAP's Hana in-memory database can be a powerful combination for data analysis, and new tools could help to make sure it doesn't fall down on the job.
It may not be Shark Week, but don't tell that to people in Vietnam.
European ministers want tighter watch on Internet content ... Obama will propose faster reporting of corporate hacks ... Alibaba may buy into India e-commerce... and more news for Monday.
NEC has developed a camera system that can detect deterioration in bridges and other structures simply by analyzing imagery.
The Northern Territory government has signed a $55 million, three-year contract with NEC to support 20,000 users across the territory.
Security cameras could be seeing a lot more in adverse conditions with technology developed by NEC.
Persona is one of the latest fashion magazines in Tokyo. It's printed on heavy stock paper and is full of photos of models and clothing. The only thing missing is text.
Finding fake goods could become a question of simply taking close-up photos with a smartphone, according to a new NEC technology.
If your doctor has told you to keep close tabs on your blood pressure, NEC is developing a new wearable cuff with a gentle touch.
NTT has successfully tested technology for optical Internet backbone connections that can transmit 400Gbps on a single wavelength.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
NEC has launched a biometric security program that uses face recognition to unlock access to PCs.
NEC this week rolled out a new version of its SDN software that includes an OpenFlow-based method for interconnecting data centers.
- Cebit 2015: Aussie politicos claim ownership over knowledge economy
- AMEX Global Business Travel adopts new Cloud-based strategy
- INTERVIEW: AOL's Digital Prophet, Shingy, gives us his predictions for 2015
- Australia’s router market hits a downturn: IDC Australia
- Equinix to supply private managed connections to Microsoft Office 365
- CMO Council: Marketers lack right customer metrics for digital transformation
- Panel: Avoid social and you risk missing business growth opportunities
- 5 lessons from AMP on driving disruptive digital thinking
- Coles trials voice-recognition gizmo Hiku
- How Telstra is applying data analytics to customer experience