- Surveillance laws driving companies to limit data collection, developers to boost security
- The cost of a data breach has jumped 23 per cent in two years
- Cloud, MDM on horizon as Australia's SecuraLive races to compete on global security stage
- Judge classifies as class action an email scanning lawsuit against Yahoo
- Checking your Mac for viruses -- wait, what?
Near Field Communications (NFC) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Commonwealth Bank customers with iPhones can now pay through the CommBank mobile app using a sticker containing near field communications (NFC) technology.
Starting early next year, Westpac customers will be able to pay in stores by tapping their Android smartphones against payment terminals.
PayPal has embraced Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology for payments after writing off Near Field Communications (NFC).
The rise of near field communications (NFC) may require updated regulation, according to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) in a report released today.
Gartner has predicted a bleak future for near field communications (NFC), a mobile payments technology that allows shoppers to pay by tapping their mobile smartphones against a payment terminal.