ncr - News, Features, and Slideshows
ncr in pictures
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Target has named veteran IT executive Bob DeRodes as its CIO and is tasking him with taking the $73 billion retailer in a new technology direction following the mammoth data breach that it disclosed late last year. The breach resulted in information being stolen from 70 million payment card users and prompted the resignation of CIO Beth Jacob.
National Australia Bank (NAB) is introducing an ATM monitoring system called NCR Predictive Services which is designed to warn staff about ATM hardware failures.
When Adelaide Oval re-opens in October 2013 for the cricket season, a new venue management system will provide stadium staff with sales information from every point of sale (POS) device.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
As application development increasingly hooks into outside services, tools to manage all those APIs are sprouting up
- Blue Jeans Network launches Command Centre
- Brennan IT takes top honours at Microsoft and HP partner awards
- Hackers hold almost 20,000 Australians to ransom using CryptoWall
- NSW Government telco procurement system saves taxpayer more than $3 million
- Microsoft to deploy new SharePoint solution for Local Government Association of Queensland
- Oracle's Larry Ellison downshifts, but leadership remains the same
- Moto X (2014) deep-dive review: Android done right -- again
- iPhone 6 expected to fetch over $3,000 in China's grey market
- New US Senate bill aims to limit access to emails stored abroad
- Malicious advertisements distributed by DoubleClick, Zedo networks