- The week in security: Apple security scrutinised as mobile, IoT threats loom
- Pressure on CSOs as executives, getting smarter on IT security, defer projects
- Shellshock attackers targeting NAS devices
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- IBM’s SoftLayer on the back foot in big Xen bug reboot
ncr - News, Features, and Slideshows
ncr in pictures
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Target has named veteran IT executive Bob DeRodes as its CIO and is tasking him with taking the $73 billion retailer in a new technology direction following the mammoth data breach that it disclosed late last year. The breach resulted in information being stolen from 70 million payment card users and prompted the resignation of CIO Beth Jacob.
National Australia Bank (NAB) is introducing an ATM monitoring system called NCR Predictive Services which is designed to warn staff about ATM hardware failures.
When Adelaide Oval re-opens in October 2013 for the cricket season, a new venue management system will provide stadium staff with sales information from every point of sale (POS) device.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
As application development increasingly hooks into outside services, tools to manage all those APIs are sprouting up
- Report: Marketers ramp up tech spend but experience still driving budget decisions
- Oracle integrates BlueKai with Marketing Cloud
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement