Bank customers will soon have a choice of ATM and live teller services with trials underway in Australia of the NCR VTM.
ncr - News, Features, and Slideshows
ncr in pictures
Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
Startup TrustPipe is announcing a security platform that categorizes network-based attacks and blocks them. The company claims that in two years of testing the software has never let attackers compromise the systems it has been protecting.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Target has named veteran IT executive Bob DeRodes as its CIO and is tasking him with taking the $73 billion retailer in a new technology direction following the mammoth data breach that it disclosed late last year. The breach resulted in information being stolen from 70 million payment card users and prompted the resignation of CIO Beth Jacob.
As application development increasingly hooks into outside services, tools to manage all those APIs are sprouting up
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals