ncr - News, Features, and Slideshows
ncr in pictures
Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
Startup TrustPipe is announcing a security platform that categorizes network-based attacks and blocks them. The company claims that in two years of testing the software has never let attackers compromise the systems it has been protecting.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Target has named veteran IT executive Bob DeRodes as its CIO and is tasking him with taking the $73 billion retailer in a new technology direction following the mammoth data breach that it disclosed late last year. The breach resulted in information being stolen from 70 million payment card users and prompted the resignation of CIO Beth Jacob.
As application development increasingly hooks into outside services, tools to manage all those APIs are sprouting up
- Druva picks Exclusive Networks A/NZ as it's distribution partner
- VMworld 2015: VMware A/NZ increases its investment into its partner community
- IN PICTURES: VMworld 2015 global party (+38 photos)
- AEC picks NEXTDC for datacentre services
- BAE Systems Applied Intelligence brings its Cloud-based security solution to A/NZ
- Amazon snaps up Elemental to boost video on AWS
- Ex-Tesla engineer could face prison for hacking former manager's email, FBI says
- Microsoft will release its hackathon help tool to the world
- US DOJ tightens policies on use of simulated cells for surveillance
- Five steps to optimize your firewall configuration
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC