More than 20 years ago, the desktop revolution swept across the land, ushering in a new paradigm of computing, taking processing away from a centralized host, and moving it to personal computers at the edge of the network. With VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure), as the saying goes, what's old is new again. Using virtualization, IT now has the ability to bring those distinct computing platforms back under one roof, while also providing for greater control and flexibility of user access.
ncomputing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Enterprises may now deploy up to 30 desktop computers using the power of only one server, as NComputing recently outed its L300 desktop virtualization unit made primarily for enterprise use, a company executive announced Wednesday.
Ncomputing on Friday announced a chip that could turn devices like TVs or set-top boxes into virtual desktops through which users can run Windows applications or access the Internet.
NComputing on Tuesday dug deeper into low-cost computing with the launch of the X350 kit, which lets four users access one desktop PC.
Australian schools have taken to a new form of virtual desktops that allows multiple students to work off a single computer without the limitations and server software associated with traditional thin clients.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.