- Encryption goof fixed in TorrentLocker file-locking malware
- US military unaware of Chinese attacks against transport contractors
- PGP creator, other top cryptographers head 2014 National Cyber Security Hall of Fame class
- Startup backs services with elasticity of AWS, Azure clouds to outlast DDoS attacks
nbn co - News, Features, and Slideshows
As increasing numbers of Australians connect to the Internet using the National Broadband Network, they may well "wonder what all the fuss was about — and why the NBN is costing so much and taking so long," Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today.
NBN Co has completed construction of its ninth satellite ground station at Waroona in Western Australia as it builds out infrastructure to provide residents in remote and regional areas with high speed broadband services.
So-called 'Service Class Zero' premises — homes and buildings that can't connect to the National Broadband Network despite fibre being run down their street — will be targeted under a 'bulk drop' contract between NBN Co and Queensland-headquartered Universal Communications Group.
NBN Co has extended its contract Leighton Holdings subsidiary Thiess, with the construction company set to rake in up to $183 million over two years, with the option for a 12-month extension.
If Telstra were to compete against NBN Co, it would change the economic model for the National Broadband Network, NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow has said.
Federal Labor MP Michelle Rowland has accused Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull of "dithering" in his response to TPG's fibre-to-the-basement rollout.
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced this morning that he will consult with the telco industry on new rules that would potentially force network operators that want to compete with National Broadband Network infrastructure to split their wholesale and retail operations.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) won't step in to halt Internet service provider TPG from rolling out fibre-to-the-basement services that could compete with National Broadband Network infrastructure, but the competition watchdog is likely to step in and regulate the provision of vectored VDSL services in apartment blocks.
One of the biggest challenges NBN Co faces as the rollout of the National Broadband Network continues is learning to manage success, NBN Co non-executive director Simon Hackett told AusNOG 2014 yesterday.
If Simon Hackett has a religion, it's that there should be a better network, the founder and former managing director of ISP Internode told the AusNOG 2014 conference yesterday.
The government has launched a public consultation to seek ways in which it can smooth the transition from the legacy copper network to the National Broadband Network for end users.
NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow has voiced doubts that 15 megabits per second will be fast enough for the average Australian home in the long term.
NBN Co aims to have National Broadband Network service available to about 1 million homes and businesses in financial-year 2014-15, up from 552,000 in FY 2013-14, CEO Bill Morrow said today as the company announced financial results for the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
NBN Co has appealed a decision by the New South Wales Supreme Court that had supported Telstra’s interpretation of consumer-price-index (CPI) adjustments in the companies’ $11 billion agreement.
One of the first end users to be connected as part of NBN Co's trial of fibre-to-the-node technology has hit download speeds of 96 megabits per second and upload speeds of 30Mbps, the company charged with rolling out the National Broadband Network revealed today.
- CoinJar’s bitcoin EFTPOS card to hit the market next week
- Queensland Government appoints Interactive Intelligence to ICT Service Panel
- More than 200 Aussie Apple fanatics hire minions to stand in line for iPhone 6
- Former Microsoft exec named CEO of Australian bar tab start-up
- Qlik launches self service Business Intelligence tool for enterprise
- CIO, CMO and Computerworld Data Analytics Survey – Terms and Conditions
- AMI gets members' choice board of directors
- Coca-Cola strategy VP: Creativity at the heart of real-time digital interaction
- Former ninemsn exec appointed CEO at bar tab app startup, Clipp
- Aussie consulting group plans to help brands solve customer experience woes