- PornDroid ransomware trojan tries Material Design to boost payments
- To scare people better, Android ransomware gets a snazzy UI
- Hack-proof drones offer antidote for IoT security “naiveté”: NICTA researcher
- Hacked Opinions: The legalities of hacking – Jeremiah Grossman
- Application attacks against clouds up 45%
national security - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government's proposed 'Telecommunications Sector Security Reforms' (TSSR) regime appears to have won it few friends in the telco sector.
Late last month, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) released its first public report. Titled "Threat Report", the forward begins with the ominous statement, "The cyber threat to Australian organisations is undeniable, unrelenting and continues to grow". You have been warned!
The government's calendar of proposed legislation for the spring sittings of parliament indicates that it wants to introduce and pass before the end of the year a controversial bill intended to boost the security of telco infrastructure.
Internet Australia has joined representatives of the telecommunications and ICT industries in condemning a draft bill the government says is intended to boost the security of Australia's telco infrastructure.
Representatives of the telecommunications industry have flatly rejected as regulatory over-reach a government scheme intended to boost infrastructure security.