national security - News, Features, and Slideshows
Attorney-General George Brandis has used an op-ed in The Australian newspaper to argue for the speedy introduction of a mandatory data retention regime.
The telecom industry has disputed the notion that the government’s proposed data retention regime will not create significant additional costs for the industry.
ASIO breached laws governing telecommunications intercepts on nine occasions in the 12-month reporting period ended June 2014, according to a report released by the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS).
An $88 million big data research and development centre has opened in Adelaide, South Australia to look at how defence/national security agencies can use big data to predict cyber and physical threats to Australia.
Telstra received about 40,000 requests for customer information from Australian government agencies in the second half of 2013, not counting national security requests, the telco has revealed.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities