- CryptoLocker's UK victims escape malware's clutches with backups
- Netflix open sources internal threat monitoring tools
- Symantec courting Australian security talent as Sydney facility opened
- The week in security: Healthcare breach prompts govt security response
- Cleveland Indians turn to SIEM in malware, botnet battle
National Security Strategy - News, Features, and Slideshows
A US security expert has applauded the Australian federal government’s approach to improving cyber security but suggested that businesses may need a financial carrot to bring their systems in line.
Plans to build an Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) have been slammed by the Opposition for containing few details about how the ACSC will be funded or staffed.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced that the new Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) will be established in Canberra and draw on the skills of the nation’s best cyber security experts.
The federal government’s $1.46 billion funding in improvements to cyber security networks and establishment of an Australian Cyber Security Centre has received a largely positive response from information security professionals who say it is a good step forward.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced that $1.46 billion has been set aside by the Australian federal government to strengthen cyber networks as part of a National Security Strategy.
- Melbourne IT profit takes a tumble
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Resilience that saved QF32 will help IT companies survive, says Richard de Crespigny
- SME business sentiment falls
- CA Expo '14: New MD heralds "application economy" (+90 photos)
- JUNIPER PARTNER SUMMIT 2014: Optus, SNAP named top Juniper A/NZ partners (+5 photos)
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy
- AMI appoints Lee Tonitto as new CEO
- Cloudwords CMO: Marketing is returning to the human element
- Amazon to acquire video game streaming site Twitch for US$970 million
- Automation and data management technologies top marketing tech list