A US security expert has applauded the Australian federal government’s approach to improving cyber security but suggested that businesses may need a financial carrot to bring their systems in line.
National Security Strategy - News, Features, and Slideshows
Plans to build an Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) have been slammed by the Opposition for containing few details about how the ACSC will be funded or staffed.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced that the new Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) will be established in Canberra and draw on the skills of the nation’s best cyber security experts.
The federal government’s $1.46 billion funding in improvements to cyber security networks and establishment of an Australian Cyber Security Centre has received a largely positive response from information security professionals who say it is a good step forward.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced that $1.46 billion has been set aside by the Australian federal government to strengthen cyber networks as part of a National Security Strategy.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!