Pictures from day 2 of the Realising Our Broadband Future summit at the UNSW in Sydney
national broadband network - News, Features, and Slideshows
national broadband network in pictures
As part of its NBN commitment, the Federal Government is investing up to $250 million to address backbone blackspots throughout regional Australia.
NBN’s second satellite — Sky Muster II — will launch on 5 October, the company said this morning. The launch will take place in the French Guiana Space Centre in South America.
NBN believes it is on track for having some 900,000 premises able to order hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) National Broadband Network services by late June next year.
Optus Wholesale today announced it had made a range of improvements to its National Broadband Network offering, which allows ISPs to sell services to end users connected at any of the NBN’s 121 Points of Interconnect (POIs).
Senator Stephen Conroy has formally requested that the Australian Federal Police drop an investigation into leaked NBN documents which resulted in a high-profile raid on the senator’s office.
The third major fixed-line technology slated to be part of the ‘multi-technology mix’ being employed for the National Broadband Network is now available commercially. NBN announced today that the first commercial Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial (HFC) services had been made available for order in Queensland.
The Federal Government's proposed fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) National Broadband Network (NBN) can be a hard one to follow. To get a grasp of its scope, not only do you have to keep abreast of the latest happenings from wholesale provider NBN Co, but also the backhaul fibre companies, existing ISPs, as well as the tendered construction and design companies that all have a part to play in building the network. Every other week there seems to be an announcement about where fibre is being rolled out, and the 500-page, $25 million NBN Implementation Study hasn't shed much light on how big the infrastructure project actually is.
The Tasmania NBN Co Limited (TNBN Co) has been established to rollout and operate the National Broadband Network in Tasmania.
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
The Federal Governemnt is expected to announced the full management team of the National Broadband Network Company (NBNCo) shortly, according to Communications minister Stephen Conroy.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) could prove to be a best friend to cyber criminals, according to the head of the Australia's National Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT).
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria