- Cybercrime by Wire Fraud – What’s Covered?
- Popular Belkin Wi-Fi routers plagued by unpatched security flaws
- Intel says GPU malware is no reason to panic, yet
- App security suffering as survey finds that most developers still aren't building for mobile
- Board-level cyber-resilience must look far and wide – and right up to the top
national broadband network - News, Features, and Slideshows
national broadband network in pictures
The chair of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Rod Sims, has repeated his belief that NBN should be prepared for a potential future breakup of the company into separate entities.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) won't oppose NBN's move to acquire Optus' hybrid fibre-coaxial network and the revised agreement covering the migration of the telco's HFC customers to the National Broadband Network.
As NBN prepares for the commercial launch of fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) services on the National Broadband Network, the company's updated corporate plan reveals significant uncertainty remains about the state of Telstra's copper network.
NBN has confirmed that the revised National Broadband Network rollout is likely to cost more than was previously expected.
In FY16 NBN is aiming to have almost a million premises with active National Broadband Network services, NBN CEO Bill Morrow said this morning.
The Federal Government's proposed fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) National Broadband Network (NBN) can be a hard one to follow. To get a grasp of its scope, not only do you have to keep abreast of the latest happenings from wholesale provider NBN Co, but also the backhaul fibre companies, existing ISPs, as well as the tendered construction and design companies that all have a part to play in building the network. Every other week there seems to be an announcement about where fibre is being rolled out, and the 500-page, $25 million NBN Implementation Study hasn't shed much light on how big the infrastructure project actually is.
The Tasmania NBN Co Limited (TNBN Co) has been established to rollout and operate the National Broadband Network in Tasmania.
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
The Federal Governemnt is expected to announced the full management team of the National Broadband Network Company (NBNCo) shortly, according to Communications minister Stephen Conroy.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) could prove to be a best friend to cyber criminals, according to the head of the Australia's National Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT).
- VMworld 2015: VMware’s vision is to transform the datacentre, says Eschenbach
- Superloop reports first financial figures since ASX float
- Microsoft APC 2015: Gartner's Tiffani Bova - predicting the partner of 2020
- Microsoft APC 2015: CVP Phil Sorgen: “Partnering is in our DNA”
- Trend Micro expands relationship with VMware
- SAP brings Hadoop into the Hana fold with Vora, a new in-memory analytics tool
- 6 disaster recovery do’s and don’ts from Hurricane Katrina survivors
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- Seagate breaks through the 1TB-per-platter barrier for laptop drives
- Windows 10 sets one-month OS adoption record
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation
- Xero CMO reveals why we need to automate to achieve greatness
- What the new breed of DMPs mean for marketers