National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
One of the chief benefits of getting in on the ground of a fast-moving startup company is a speedy ascension up the promotion curve as the company grows.
The Broadband Portal by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) provides an interesting insight into the development of broadband and fibre globally. Here's a look at some of the key graphs and charts showing who's fastest, who's cheapest and how Australia really fares with its neighbours when it comes to lightning-fast Internet.
The Federal Government's proposed fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) National Broadband Network (NBN) can be a hard one to follow. To get a grasp of its scope, not only do you have to keep abreast of the latest happenings from wholesale provider NBN Co, but also the backhaul fibre companies, existing ISPs, as well as the tendered construction and design companies that all have a part to play in building the network. Every other week there seems to be an announcement about where fibre is being rolled out, and the 500-page, $25 million NBN Implementation Study hasn't shed much light on how big the infrastructure project actually is.
The company behind Australia's National Broadband Network, NBN Co, recently hosted a number of Network & Operations Information sessions around the country, detailing their plans for fibre roll-out to points of interconnect and homes. The PowerPoint slides provide a fascinating glimpse into the company's timeline for the project and the hardware it plans to implement.
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Maxus Worldwide launches new marketing tech consultancy
- Cricket Australia deploys Prime Focus Technologies solution to manage digital content assets
- Why big data is the capital driving the digital age
- 8 ways to avoid fads, gimmicks and shiny martech toys
- What the hell is the difference between ad tech and marketing tech?