- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
NBN Co has added 555,000 premises in Queensland, South Australia, NSW and Western Australia to its National Broadband Network construction plan.
NBN Co has formally launched its fibre to the basement (FTTB) product, the company announced early this morning.
Coalition senators who are members of the Select Committee on the National Broadband Network have called for the committee to be scrapped.
As the NBN rollout continues around Australia, scammers are taking advantage of the situation by contacting consumers and claiming that they need bank account details in order to get services over the NBN.
NBN Co has confirmed it will roll out the DOCSIS 3.1 standard for the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) cable broadband networks it is acquiring from Telstra and Optus.
One of the chief benefits of getting in on the ground of a fast-moving startup company is a speedy ascension up the promotion curve as the company grows.
The Broadband Portal by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) provides an interesting insight into the development of broadband and fibre globally. Here's a look at some of the key graphs and charts showing who's fastest, who's cheapest and how Australia really fares with its neighbours when it comes to lightning-fast Internet.
The Federal Government's proposed fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) National Broadband Network (NBN) can be a hard one to follow. To get a grasp of its scope, not only do you have to keep abreast of the latest happenings from wholesale provider NBN Co, but also the backhaul fibre companies, existing ISPs, as well as the tendered construction and design companies that all have a part to play in building the network. Every other week there seems to be an announcement about where fibre is being rolled out, and the 500-page, $25 million NBN Implementation Study hasn't shed much light on how big the infrastructure project actually is.
The company behind Australia's National Broadband Network, NBN Co, recently hosted a number of Network & Operations Information sessions around the country, detailing their plans for fibre roll-out to points of interconnect and homes. The PowerPoint slides provide a fascinating glimpse into the company's timeline for the project and the hardware it plans to implement.
- Dicker Data unveils new "post-acquisition" logo (Embargo Monday April 20)
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom