- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
- How the FIDO Alliance's U2F could simplify two-factor authentication
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
NAB - News, Features, and Slideshows
2014 is a seminal year for the take up of cloud services and there’s been a shift in thinking around the infrastructure model from years back when people were concerned about issues like security.
Two open source tools have helped National Australia Bank build a resilient cloud-based infrastructure to deliver its online presence, David Broeren, head of the digital and online channels at the bank, told the Amazon Web Services summit in Sydney today.
Major Australian banks have made mobile payments a priority tech initiative and are in various stages of rolling out technology that lets customers pay with smartphones. Commonwealth Bank and Westpac are so far leading the pack, but ANZ Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB) say they are planning to make their own moves soon.
National Australia Bank has successfully piloted bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and plans to roll out the program to more of its employees, says NAB general manager of infrastructure, Kari Schabel.
Banks are seeking closer relationships with customers through greater use of customer data and new technologies, according to banking and telecom officials at the CeBIT Financial Tech conference in Sydney.