- Chrome loses “confusing” yellow triangle for HTTPS sites
- Cisco dedicates security project to 'pissing off the bad guys'
- Cambridge University study finds 87 percent of Android devices vulnerable to attack
- UL creating standard for wearable privacy and security
- Kwikset finally enables cloud control for its Kevo smart lock
MWC - News, Features, and Slideshows
MWC in pictures
If there's one thing almost every smartphone user wants, it's longer battery life.
A broad range of companies at Mobile World Congress this week have teamed up to improve smartphone security and offer better software integration for Internet-of-things deployments.
Intel has revealed more details about its next-generation chip code-named Skylake, indicating it will go into a broad range of tablets, PCs and servers.
Four smartphone OSes that hope to find room next to Android and iOS were on display at Mobile World Congress, but the most exciting were Ubuntu Phone and Sailfish OS.
Net neutrality and 5G may be on a collision course as the mobile industry tries to prepare for a wide range of mobile applications with differing needs.
As Mobile World Congress 2011 draws to a close, it's time to take stock of the plethora of smartphones and tablet PCs we saw for the first time. Tomorrow, we'll bring you the best tablet PCs of MWC 2011, but here, in no particular order, are smartphones that stood out at MWC 2011. Sadly, they didn't include a Facebook phone or an iPhone nano - but when and if such things exist, you'll read it here first.
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-core processor and a 4.3-inch display. So how does 3D look on a mobile phone? Well, I'm honestly not all that impressed.
- Will inbound marketing make traditional ads redundant?
- Closing the gap: BrandHook’s ways of working driving brand and consumer relationships
- Optimizely raises US$58 million to build out personalisation platform
- Chief digital officer interview: Day in the life of Penguin’s digital storyteller
- SAP unveils SaaS analytics platform