music - News, Features, and Slideshows
music in pictures
Seven out of the 10 most pirated films this week are not legally available for digital purchase in Australia, according to a new website by Electronic Frontiers Australia.
Content owners aim to curtail piracy in Australia with an online listing of services where consumers can legally obtain music, movies, video games and other material.
Vinyl record sales are actually up but heyday is obviously past
Twitter has acquired Brisbane music startup We Are Hunted, the startup confirmed.
Spotify had its two most successful country launches in Australia and New Zealand, according to Kate Vale, Spotify managing director of Australia and New Zealand. The ad-based music streaming app opened for business in the two countries last May.
Daniel Shaughnessy wants iTunes and Windows Media Player to see the music on his external USB hard drive.
FL Studio 9.1 is the latest version of the long-time sequencer and recording app formerly known as Fruity Loops. Despite a slightly non-standard user interface, FL Studio is one of the easier digital audio workstations to use--if you come from a step/pattern-based recording background.
Here's some great news for all your musicmakers out there who were able to defy the world economy and come out of it with a new Apple iPad.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
EBay has defended its policies on the reselling of event tickets on its site following the mass posting of AC/DC tickets on its site just hours after the tickets went on sale, and promptly sold out, yesterday.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities