Music and audio - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple, it seems, has acquired UK company Semetric and its Musicmetric analytics platform, which could allow Apple to keep better track of what people listen to.
Have you ever experienced something that strikes you as extraordinary, but later leaves you unsure of how much of its wonder was real and how much was in your mind? A flash of light in the sky? A ghost? A flaming guitar solo? That's what listening to music on Neil Young's Pono is like.
The number of videos in people's Facebook feeds grew by 3.6 times over the past year, the company says, a trend likely to grow as the company pushes deeper into video.
Facebook is acquiring Wit.ai, a speech-recognition startup whose technology could give the social network new ways to let users connect verbally.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities