- Opponents restate security, scope concerns as metadata retention becomes Australian law
- The week in security: Now law in Australia, data retention challenged overseas
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
- Eyes on China as massive DDoS on GitHub heads into day three
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects
Music and audio - News, Features, and Slideshows
Some of Apple's major online services for purchasing e-books, music and apps were down as of Wednesday morning.
Large music licensing services should have more freedom to negotiate rates paid by streaming music services, radio stations and commercial establishments where music is played, industry executives told U.S. lawmakers.
Google has made its free Cloud storage service for music a bit more appealing, especially considering alternatives from Apple and Amazon.
Google says its new YouTube app for kids is its first product "built from the ground up with little ones in mind," and it appears to have taken careful steps not to ignite a furor by sacrificing children's' privacy for its business interests.
Apple, it seems, has acquired UK company Semetric and its Musicmetric analytics platform, which could allow Apple to keep better track of what people listen to.
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.