- DHS warns employees that years-old database hole puts their privacy at risk
- Twitter's two-step authentication a good start, experts say
- U.S. urged to let companies 'hack-back' at IP cyber thieves
- AusCERT 2013: Introduction to Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion - AusCERT Presentation
- Auscert 2013: Perimeter protection has failed, encryption needs its day in the sun
mobility in pictures
Google announced a number of innovative new products and services at its 2013 Google I/O developer conference.
Australia's second-biggest telco, Optus, has suffered a 7.5 per cent slump in net profit for the year to March 31.
Have some business travel planned? Get ready to put on a happy face, chat strangers up and expand your professional circle at the next conference or seminar. Here are some trusty iPhone apps to help you network.
The combination of highly virtualised environments inside enterprise networks, along with an explosion of mobile traffic, are exposing the limitations of existing networks, and driving the need for a new era of dynamic and scalable networks of the future, IDC researchers said in a panel discussion at Interop this week.
Kay Schubach would scramble for the landline while she was being beaten in her own home but her abuser would pull it out of the socket.
The HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z are set to hit the market soon, but which phone is right for you?
Google's Android 4.0 operating system is more than just another upgrade.
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format with its hinged display lid that opens to reveal a mechanical keyboard.
Adam Blum, CEO of startup Rhomobile, says 90% of the programs being written with his company's open source mobile application framework are by ISVs and the other 10% by enterprises, but over time he'd like to see those percentages reversed.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
Whitepapers about mobility
This Quick Poll addresses how mobility has become the most important trend currently in IT, as mobility was found have the highest priority amongst IT leaders. Findings suggest that employee collaboration, whilst also delivering an improved customer service, is key. Download for more!
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Partners and customers main focus in mobile strategy, says Willis
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Mobile is key to a digital worklife, says CEO (+12 photos)
- ASI brings LapCabby to Australia
- Two in three Australian tweens are on a social network: McAfee
- Huawei Australia 2012 revenue up 61 per cent to $368m
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes