Companies will need to invest heavily in unified communications (UC) over the next four years as more staff work from home or in remote locations, according to analyst firm IDC.
mobile workforce - News, Features, and Slideshows
Aptly named, a company's help desk is primarily focused on resolving technology issues so the business as a whole can function successfully. Despite the best of intentions, however, help desks can put the company at risk by using legacy tools, shared passwords and incomplete security practices.
Supporting staff who want to bring their own devices and applications to work may be a pain for many CIOs, but the business benefits make implementing a program worth the time and effort, according to Dimension Data's CIO Ian Jansen.
According to recent reports, the average business traveler carries three mobile devices for work and 25% of IT decision makers believe desk phones will be replaced by mobile phones within two years. The data points to an increasingly mobile workforce, one that expects a single user experience for accessing unified communications (UC) applications and services across all their preferred devices -- whether it is an employer-issued smartphone or an employee's BYOD tablet device.
Whitepapers about mobile workforce
More than half of today’s enterprise workforce transitions between the office and working remotely. Supporting this increasingly remote and mobile workforce puts significant pressure on IT teams to deliver seamless connectivity and superior application performance to any location. Learn how you can boost productivity and improve both employee and customer experiences by improving application performance to the edge of the enterprise in this white paper.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.