A look at how mobile phone technology has changed over the years
mobile technology - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile technology in pictures
Google's introduction of Eddystone this week provides a multiplatform format for BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) beacons, boosting location awareness in mobile apps. It's designed to work on both Android and iOS devices, unlike the iBeacons technology that Apple debuted nearly two years ago.
Apple has released a patch for iOS and says an OS X fix will be released 'very soon'
InfoWorld's 2014 Technology of the Year Award winners recognize the best tools and technologies for developers, IT pros, and businesses
Germany's Der Spiegel reports that the NSA has compromised a wide range of hardware for years to enable its spying
This year, the annual Bossie Awards recognize 120 of the best open source software for data centers and clouds, desktops and mobile devices, developers and IT pros
Judging by many comments on the Microsoft Answers forum and elsewhere, Microsoft's Jan. 15 firmware update for the Surface Pro 3 has solved almost all outstanding issues with Wi-Fi connections, hibernating, Bluetooth connectivity, battery drain on standby, Hyper-V interference with Wi-Fi, and more.
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
Intel has barely made a dent in the mobile market, while ARM has been wildly successful. Does that spell doom for Intel -- or is ARM's triumph overblown?
, the open source software management company, picks the top 10 open source projects launched in the past year, based on stats collected from the
- WIN a HTC Vive Kit valued at $1399, take this 3 minute survey for your chance to WIN!
- Discover security insights, key findings, and the latest cybersecurity threats taken from threat intelligence. Access the full report now
- 6 cities | 20 exhibitors | International & local keynotes | Hear from Mark Loveless 'Simple Nomad' & Jeff Lanza Former FBI - Save your seat at CSO Perspectives Roadshow
- Participate in this market research and go into the draw to win a Lego Death Star, (valued at $999).
- Answer 5 quick questions and you could win a Lego Mindstorm EV3, (valued at $499).
- Top insights from the Cisco Annual Cyber Security Report 2017. Watch Video