- Is "Bring Your Own Identity" a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
- Attackers install DDoS bots on Amazon cloud, exploiting Elasticsearch weakness
- CIOs, CSOs should address cloud sovereignty uncertainty with facts: Gartner
- The week in security: Hackers swarm banks, break for World Cup
mobile phones - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra will shut down its GSM network by the end of 2016, the telco's group managing director of networks has revealed.
The future of voice communications may be in 'over the top' applications, but there's life yet in the humble phone number according to the CEO of VoIP provider MyNetFone. Phone numbers "are this invisible glue that everyone takes for granted," Rene Sugo says.
Metadata is in the news again with revelations that police in Australia. have been getting access to data collected from mobile base stations (cell towers).
Vodafone customers will be able to use mobile data services between midnight on Friday and 3am on Monday morning without worrying about excess usage charges.
Virgin Mobile is experiencing a widespread outage that tells post-paid customers they have insufficient credit to make calls
The Australian Communications and Media Authority has issued a formal warning to MVNO Lycamobile for over-billing customers for more than two and a half years.
Mobile coverage for tunnels on Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs railway line was switched on this week, NSW transport minister Gladys Berejiklian has announced.
A fault that temporarily prevented Aldi Mobile some customers from using cellular data services has been resolved according to a spokesperson for the MVNO.
Vodafone says a poll conducted by Empirica Research on behalf of the telco reflects popular support for using National Broadband Network infrastructure to boost mobile coverage in regional Australia.
Cool Yule Tools 2013: Our Tester Elf-approved picks for awesome gadgety goodness
From industry darling to potential footnote, what happened to Blackberry?
Victorian government organisations' spending on mobile voice and data services grew by close to 70 per cent from 2008 to 2012, reaching $23.5 million in 2012, according to a report prepared by Victoria's Auditor-General, John Doyle.
We spend five weeks every year using our employer’s Internet connection for personal reasons, access free Wi-Fi whenever possible and even use our friends’ phones to satisfy our data addictions and avoid bill shock.
Optus says the project that brought mobile phone coverage into Sydney's train tunnels was 15 years in the making.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 sold in Australia will be powered by a Qualcomm manufactured Snapdragon 600 processor, the company has confirmed.
- Qualcomm planting seeds for 4K video, silicon brains in mobile devices
- Mobile devices to get faster LP-DDR4 memory next year
- Mozilla knocks off 'interim' label, names Chris Beard CEO
- Google's next frontier: What it means to be healthy
- Stanford researchers show off blueprint for self-healing lithium battery
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing