mobile payments - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile payments in pictures
A coalition of retail industry trade groups this week called for the creation of an open tokenization standard for protecting credit and debit card data from theft and misuse.
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
PayPal has unveiled a new global branding campaign designed to put greater focus on its ability to let people make payments for goods and services anywhere and anytime.
Mobile payments, smarter Siri, better maps and more
Banking and payments are making a play to be killer apps for wearable devices, offering the possibility of paying with a wristwatch or glancing at one’s budget through augmented-reality glasses.
Apple's iBeacons system will enable purchases, contextual marketing, automated check-ins and much more. And it's closer than you think.
The chief of the Google Wallet operation has resigned to pursue new opportunities, another sign of continuing troubles in convincing U.S. smartphone users to adopt mobile wallets using NFC technology.
To understand where the technology is going, it's helpful to understand where it's been. And a bit about how it works, too.
Near Field Communication will become widespread at some point, most observers agree, especially if Apple eventually puts NFC in an iPhone.
- Distribution Central launches Fusion in SAN Systems rebrand
- Elisha joins Pivotal as new CTO
- JUNIPER PARTNER SUMMIT 2014: No, it isn't pulling out of the enterprise and/or security
- IN PICTURES: Juniper Partner Summit 2014 (+25 photos)
- US-based KEMP Technologies moves further into channel with partnering success story
- Australians lead the world for programmatic video advertising growth
- Growth hacking and bridging the marketing/product gap: The Hipages story
- CMO Council State of Marketing shows CMO confident in c-level role, revenue targets
- Customer centricity is the difference between intent and action, says NAB
- Qantas launches ecommerce portal for loyalty program members