mobile payments - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Mobile payments in Australia: state of the banks
- Ingogo raises $9 million from Australian investors, crowdfunding
mobile payments in pictures
After a pivot into mobile payments, Ingogo has raised $9.1 million in a pre-IPO funding round.
Is the dawn of the age of ubiquitous e-payments finally here? Can we throw away our credit cards yet?
Payment provider Eftpos has unveiled an online payments trial in conjunction with supermarket chain Coles. Some 350 consumers will participate in the trial.
A coalition of retail industry trade groups this week called for the creation of an open tokenization standard for protecting credit and debit card data from theft and misuse.
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
Apple's iBeacons system will enable purchases, contextual marketing, automated check-ins and much more. And it's closer than you think.
The chief of the Google Wallet operation has resigned to pursue new opportunities, another sign of continuing troubles in convincing U.S. smartphone users to adopt mobile wallets using NFC technology.
To understand where the technology is going, it's helpful to understand where it's been. And a bit about how it works, too.
Near Field Communication will become widespread at some point, most observers agree, especially if Apple eventually puts NFC in an iPhone.
- Local Council ditches multiple vendors for TechnologyOne
- Brennan IT readies $30 million for acquisitions
- Lenovo to pump $5m into A/NZ as part of its IBM x86 server purchase
- Krux appoints data science expert to boost APAC team
- Google Capital leads investment charge in Cloud optical transceiver company