- Show us a better way than collecting metadata, NSA director says to critics
- Arizona lawmaker hopes to stop NSA spy efforts in her state
- Juniper: Quick look at security strategy behind its SDN controller security
- The top 8 security threats of 2013
- Nvidia exploit could turn render farms into password crackers, bitcoin miners, researchers claim
Nokia Siemens Networks is selling its fixed-line broadband access business to Adtran, the latest in a series of sell-offs, the company said on Monday.
The U.S. Department of Justice will file a motion to stay or dismiss its lawsuit to block AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA because the agency believes there's no deal pending, a lawyer for the DOJ said Friday.
IBM is buying analytics vendor DemandTec for US$440 million in a bid to build out its line of e-commerce software, the companies announced Thursday. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
Cloud-based human resources software vendor SuccessFactors said Tuesday it is acquiring Jobs2web for US$110 million, just days after SAP announced it would buy SuccessFactors in a $3.4 billion deal.
Japanese mobile game provider Gree said Tuesday it would launch a new gaming platform next year as it looks to take on heavyweights like Facebook and Zynga.
Hewlett-Packard has acquired the German company Hiflex Software to advance its Web-based printing business, it said on Tuesday.
Defense and aerospace systems vendor Raytheon has acquired cybersecurity vendor Pikewerks in an effort to add to Raytheon's capabilities to defend against sophisticated threats facing customers in the intelligence, defense and commercial sectors, the companies announced Monday.
IBM is strengthening its hand in public-sector IT, announcing on Monday the purchase of Cúram Software, which makes applications for use by government social programs. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close before the end of December, were not disclosed.
SAP's US$3.4 billion purchase of SuccessFactors not only gives the company an increasingly popular set of on-demand human resources applications, but could also bring its entire cloud software portfolio into a new focus.
SAP America said Saturday that it is paying US$3.4 billion in cash to acquire SuccessFactors, a provider of cloud-based human capital management tools.
Electronic Arts is continuing to expand its presence in the social gaming business with the acquisition of KlickNation, the video games company said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has invited questions about its impartiality with a staff report laying out concerns about AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, AT&T said Thursday.
Vodafone's Global Enterprise is strengthening its professional services arm by acquiring British consultant Bluefish Communications, which will form the basis of a new unified communication and collaboration practice, the operator said on Thursday.
Alibaba Group said it has not decided to be part of a bid for the whole of Yahoo, countering reports that the Chinese company is in talks with private equity firms to make such a bid.
Adobe Systems has acquired Efficient Frontier in order to boost its abilities to power advertising campaigns that use social networks and search engines to reach consumers, the company said on Wednesday.
As threats evolve and the effectiveness of signature based web security declines, IT departments need to play a bigger, more hands-on role in web security than ever before. In this whitepaper, we look at real-time advanced threat defences that provide immediate visibility into advanced threats, data exfiltration and infected systems.
Seamonkey includes an Internet browser, email and newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools. SeaMonkey will ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- NBN Co claims alternative approach will provide NBN sooner and cheaper
- Morgan Stanley predicts autonomous vehicles on the road by 2020
- Australian businesses upbeat about Big Data, but progress lagging: HDS
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- Exclusive: After 17 years, Peter Masters leaves Express Data
- Jacob's Creek taps into Facebook data for personalised customer greetings
- In Pictures: 12 Big Data predictions for 2014
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers