- RedHat security finds multiple network devices leak ‘RSA-CRT’ keys
- Despite reports of hacking, baby monitors remain woefully insecure
- Check Point’s SandBlast sandbox spells R.I.P for ROP attacks
- Employees put business data at risk by installing gambling apps on their phones
- Is poor software development the biggest cyber threat?
mergers - News, Features, and Slideshows
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) and Amcom (ASX: AMM) have entered a trading halt as Amcom shareholders prepare to vote about a proposed merger between the two companies.
Sydney-based startup Posse will combine its shopping recommendation service with Beat the Q’s café ordering platform under a merger announced today.
Cisco this week announced its intent to acquire ThreatGRID, a New York-based maker of malware analysis and threat intelligence technology.
Threat protection company FireEye Tuesday announced it's acquiring nPulse Technologies, a privately-held maker of high-speed packet-capture, network analysis and forensics gear, for $70 million in a cash-stock deal expected to close during the second quarter.
Microsoft completed its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nokia today, bringing on board Nokia's smartphones, its not-so-smart feature phones and a Windows RT tablet.
New Hampshire-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service company Dyn announced today that it would purchase managed DNS provider Nettica. Terms were not disclosed.
Palo Alto Networks, known for its next-generation firewall, Monday said it is buying Israeli start-up Cyvera for about $200 million to gain access to its endpoint security product for real-time attack prevention. The deal is expected to close in a few weeks.
VMware's purchase of AirWatch shows just how important the mobile device management market is for not only end users, but big technology companies too. The move - which at US$1.5 billion is the largest acquisition in company history – also sets VMware on a path to further diversity from its core virtualization and cloud computing markets and almost instantly become a major player in the mobile market.
Activist investor, Elliott Management, which last week made an unsolicited bid to buy Riverbed Technology, this week took a 6.2 per cent stake in Juniper Networks.
Businesses customers of Microsoft's Dynamics CRM will be able to offer their customers more self-service options, at least that's the idea behind the company's plan to buy up Parature, which specializes in cloud-based customer engagement.
Next-generation firewall maker Palo Alto Networks today announced its first acquisition, an intriguing buyout of a stealthy Mountain View start-up called Morta Security whose founders hail from the NSA. The price of the purchase was not disclosed.
FireEye's acquisition of Mandiant is getting generally positive reviews from industry analysts, though some caution that FireEye faces a big challenge in its goals related to blending the two security firms' products.
Security vendor FireEye today announced it has acquired privately-held endpoint security incident response vendor Mandiant for $106.5 million.
Cisco this week acquired Collaborate.com, a Boston-based developer of mobile collaboration applications.
Juniper Networks this week said it is acquiring WANDL, a maker of network planning, management, design and optimization software for service providers, for $60 million.
- Cloud shaking up Australian data centre market: Frost & Sullivan
- For future wearables, the network could be you
- ACLU urges court to block NSA's continued phone records collection
- Microsoft browser users kick older IE editions to the curb
- The unintended consequences of a RASP-focused application security strategy
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda