Mergers and acquisitions - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mergers and acquisitions in pictures
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
NetSuite is rounding out its e-commerce portfolio with the acquisition of Venda in a move that also pushes the cloud vendor deeper into European markets. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Microsoft is thinking about buying an Israeli security company that yesterday posted instructions on how to change Active Directory passwords by exploiting a design flaw.
Microsoft plans to enhance its Azure cloud backup and recovery by integrating technology from InMage, a business continuity vendor it just acquired.
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out new services more quickly, according to Intel.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
Facebook said it is buying Mobile Technologies, a company known for its speech recognition and voice-to-voice translation technology.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Australian and New Zealand networks drive scientific research
- UPDATED: Planet Tel acquires Via IP to move into wholesale aggregation
- BlackBerry won’t give up on devices, but enterprise remains top priority
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption