Our running list of mergers and acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mergers and acquisitions in pictures
We're all waiting to see if pending buyouts by AT&T (T-Mobile) and Microsoft (Skype) will succeed or fail, but many a tech deal over the past decade has been an epic fail. Let's take a look back at the worst murders and executions, er, I mean mergers and acquisitions in tech.
Google has acquired Anvato, the developer of a video software platform, to shore up its cloud offering in the area of video delivery.
Microsoft has made a big bet on LinkedIn, announcing Monday that it will spend nearly US$26.2 billion to purchase the enterprise-focused social networking and recruiting company.
Salesforce.com is moving beyond CRM and into e-commerce with the acquisition of cloud service provider Demandware.
Cirrus Networks Holdings (ASX: CNW) has agreed to acquire L7 Solutions from Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) for $500,000.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will not oppose Vocus Communications’ (ASX: VOC) planned acquisition of M2 Group (ASX: MTU), the competition watchdog revealed today.
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out new services more quickly, according to Intel.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
Facebook said it is buying Mobile Technologies, a company known for its speech recognition and voice-to-voice translation technology.
The battle of takeovers among Sprint Nextel, Dish Network, Clearwire and SoftBank has heated up as Clearwire's board recommended shareholders accept Dish's bid instead of Sprint's.
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms