- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
Melbourne - News, Features, and Slideshows
Melbourne in pictures
The Victorian government and iiNet have announced a free public Wi-Fi network in Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo.
Café and coffee discovery app developer, Beanhunter, has acquired Australian based cafe industry job website CoffeeJobs.com for an undisclosed sum.
Outsourcing and IT services company Aegis Limited is planning to build a $4 million Asia Pacific centre for analytics, social media and multilingual language services in Melbourne, leading to the creation of up to 550 new jobs, the company said.
Data centre and cloud computing vendor Rackspace is considering locating its second Australian data centre in Melbourne for disaster recovery and growth opportunities.
United Kingdom based IT services firm WM360 has chosen Melbourne as the location for its Australian headquarters and plans to create up to 20 new jobs over the next three years.