- NSA taps tracking cookies used by Google, others, to monitor surveillance targets
- Security tactics might have helped in foreign ministry hacks
- Many organisations lack DDoS response plan, Corero finds
- Brace for change: An interview with Tony Hayes of ISACA
- Adobe patches critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player, Shockwave
- Amazon drones are 'fantasy,' says eBay CEO
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- In his own words: Tony Abbott on the NBN
- TPG buys AAPT
- US faces major Internet image problem, former gov't official says
A U.S. government report showing that hiring is up had some good news for IT workers: The tech industry added about 7,100 jobs in November, an increase of 0.17% from the previous month.
The IT job market in 2012 shows some signs of improvement when it comes to hiring, but most companies still aren't expanding.
William McCracken took over as chief executive officer of CA Technologies close to two years ago and in that time has engineered a series of organizational changes and acquisitions aimed at improving the company's perception among buyers and broadening its reach into new areas of technology and new customer segments.
Longtime H-1B visa reformer US Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is blocking Senate action on a bill to eliminate per country caps on employment-sponsored green cards because "it does nothing to better protect Americans."
Fernando GonzalezFavorite pastime: Watching my grandchildren grow. Something interesting that most people don't know about you: My love of the arts, primarily painting. I can draw very well, [but] I can't put life to what I draw. In high school, I was... a bookworm. One of my nicknames in school was "Professor." Last book you read:John Adams by David McCullough. Role model: Victor E. Villaseor, who wrote Rain of Gold . He writes a book every 10 years, and the fact that you can dedicate yourself to this one thing for 10 years -- that's dedication.
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is an open source GPL virus scanner for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Me / 2000 / 98 and ...
Think back to the last time all your employees were in the office, at their desks, on the same day. It’s no surprise that you might struggle, between travel and off-site meetings, remote staff, flexible schedules and sick days. In today's competitive business climate, organisations need to maintain productivity and connectedness with their staff, despite not always being onsite. In this whitepaper, we look at five ways you can improve productivity, no matter where employees are.
- Facebook performance report signals rising brand engagement on social
- Australia's love of online search advertising continues, finds new report
- Why Shazam is helping advertisers hit the right tune with consumers
- Twitter, the protector of news?
- B2B customers are increasingly led by consumer habits and experience