Malcolm Turnbull - News, Features, and Slideshows
Malcolm Turnbull in pictures
The Digital Transformation Office is working on a digital mailbox to provide businesses with a single electronic location for government correspondence.
Internet service provider iiNet has argued that the cost of complying with proposed anti-piracy legislation should be borne by copyright holders who want websites blocked, not telcos.
Despite the significant increase in traffic growth driven by Netflix and its ilk and the widespread take-up of video on demand services in Australia, that doesn't mean that fibre is essential for 'last mile' connections to homes, according to Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
The government has introduced a bill that will allow copyright holders to apply for court orders forcing ISPs to block access to pirate websites.
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull has thrown his support behind the Internet of Things (IoT), spruiking the potential of the technology to deliver huge efficiencies for cities and generate revenue.
- FCC proposal would extend Lifeline voice subsidy to broadband
- Like routers, most USB modems also vulnerable to drive-by hacking
- Early OpenStack contributor says cloud project has "lost its heart"
- Swatch smartwatch to go on sale in two countries
- GoPro's upcoming six camera mount is good news for rich VR fans