- Threat response hampered by information overload – but there is hope
- People and culture matter in security: LogRhythm survey findings
- Google asks devs to disable iOS 9 privacy feature 'to protect advertising'
- Google to freeze some Adobe Flash content on Sept. 1
- Security missives from the front lines
Malcolm Turnbull - News, Features, and Slideshows
Malcolm Turnbull in pictures
Late last month, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) released its first public report. Titled "Threat Report", the forward begins with the ominous statement, "The cyber threat to Australian organisations is undeniable, unrelenting and continues to grow". You have been warned!
The government's calendar of proposed legislation for the spring sittings of parliament indicates that it wants to introduce and pass before the end of the year a controversial bill intended to boost the security of telco infrastructure.
Internet Australia has joined representatives of the telecommunications and ICT industries in condemning a draft bill the government says is intended to boost the security of Australia's telco infrastructure.
There is a "huge" opportunity for Australia to transform how government services are delivered, according to Paul Shetler, the recently appointed head of the Digital Transformation Office.
Representatives of the telecommunications industry have flatly rejected as regulatory over-reach a government scheme intended to boost infrastructure security.