- How CSOs Can Help CIOs Talk Security to the Board
- NotCompable sets new standards for mobile botnet sophistication
- Ransom malware attacks underscore limitations of anti-virus software
- NSA chief says cyberattacks on industrial systems are his top concern
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
Apple today released the first update to OS X Yosemite that included fixes for unspecified Wi-Fi problems and improved reliability for connecting to Microsoft Exchange corporate email servers.
Apple's new OS X Yosemite now powers about one in five Macs, an uptake rate that surpassed last year's Mavericks in first-month adoption speed, analytics company Net Applications said.
The nearly two dozen screenshots posted by cnBeta.com were of Outlook, the email client that's included in Office on both Windows and OS X. cnBeta.com said that the screenshots were taken from a leaked internal test version of the application.
A week after its release, Apple's OS X Yosemite powered 13% of all Macs in the U.S. and Canada, about the same uptake pace as seen by its predecessor, Mavericks.
Apple yesterday issued a security update for OS X Mavericks and Mountain Lion meant to protect Macs against possible POODLE attacks.
An easy step-by-step guide to the Bash command-line shell and shell scripting
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
- Grocers, retailers gobble up Apple Pay in time for holidays
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- WebRTC close to tipping point as Cisco, Microsoft announce products
- Contain yourself: The layman's guide to Docker
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data