- Major security flaws threaten satellite communications
- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- Hackers try to blackmail plastic surgeon after stealing 500,000 patient records
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- NBN Co hits 105Mbps in limited FTTN trial
- Galaxy S5 deep-dive review: Long on hype, short on delivery
- NBN Co seeks ‘early resolution’ of TPG fibre threat
- TPG should pay rural levy for each FTTB service: NBN Co
- Telcos seek to strengthen NBN Co wholesale restrictions
Mac OS X in pictures
Apple has announced that its annual developers conference will run June 2-6, and that it's copying Google's method of assigning tickets through a random drawing.
Apple on Tuesday patched the security vulnerability in Safari that was successfully exploited at last month's Pwn2Own hacking contest, where a team cracked the browser to win $65,000.
Google yesterday began rolling out Google Now notifications to users of its desktop browsers on Microsoft's Windows and Apple's OS X.
Microsoft's OneNote jumped to the top of the free application chart on Apple's Mac App Store shortly after its Monday launch.
Apple on Tuesday made it clear that it will no longer patch OS X 10.6, aka Snow Leopard, when it again declined to offer a security update for the four-and-a-half-year-old operating system.
An easy step-by-step guide to the Bash command-line shell and shell scripting
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
Lowering the price of an operating system upgrade boosts its uptake five-fold, but pushing it out for free speeds uptake as much as 12 times, data from an analytics company shows.
Microsoft is behind the schedule it used for the last several iterations of Office for the Mac, and has not breathed a word about its Mac intentions.
Apple's iTunes, software and services group generated almost as much revenue in 2013 as the Microsoft division responsible for licensing Windows to computer and smartphone makers, according to comparisons of the companies' financial statements.
By offering their latest operating systems for free, Microsoft and Apple have accelerated the adoption pace of their newest OSes, according to data released by analytics firm Net Applications.
Learn how Kernkraftwerk Leibstadt (KKL), a Swiss nuclear power plant, achieved 95% virtualization with 50% fewer servers in just two months by implementing a Vblock System. The solution ensures that KKL can reliably deliver the continuous electricity supply safely and cost effectively.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size