- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
lync - News, Features, and Slideshows
World Vision Australia has been given $4 million worth of Microsoft software including Office Professional Plus 2013, SharePoint, Lync and Dynamics customer relationship management (CRM) Online.
The Lync unified communications (UC) server belongs to that long list of Microsoft enterprise software products that began as a modest offering dismissed by competitors and years later evolved into a solid option for IT departments.
Students at Brisbane Grammar School in Queensland will be able to connect with classrooms in Australia and overseas in about six weeks’ time when the School rolls out Microsoft’s unified communications suite Lync.
Microsoft will lift Webjet into the cloud with Office 365 and Azure, Microsoft announced today. Webjet said it made the move as it prepares to expand its business in Australia and New Zealand.
Symantec today widened its cloud-based security service to include Lync, Microsoft's latest instant-messaging client, so that enterprises using Lync can do anti-malware filtering and exert security controls for blocking inappropriate content along with basic data-loss prevention.
Whitepapers about lync
Unified communications, efficient IT: Microsoft Lync enterprise voice solution for 5,000 users with Dell PowerEdge R630
Design and implement a comprehensive Microsoft Lync solution, including Enterprise Voice, with best practices in mind. The virtualised solution described in this paper accommodates up to 5,000 users and leverages Dell servers, wired/wireless networking and client devices, along with third-party gateways.
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke