lte - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Telstra draws roadmap for faster wireless
- 3.5GHz trial a step to expanding NBN fixed wireless capacity
- Optus and Nokia test video streaming from mobile base station
- Australian MVNOs: 3G or 4G?
lte in pictures
Optus and Nokia Networks are testing a wireless video distribution mechanism whereby video content is streamed directly from a mobile base station.
NBN Co and Ericsson have completed a trial of fixed wireless broadband using the 3.5GHz band, the companies announced.
Got 4G and still not satisfied with the speed? Telstra has revealed it will launch 5G services in “around 2020".
T-Mobile CEO John Legere will cozy up to Yahoo Tech's David Pogue during what the carrier is calling its Un-carrier 8.0 event on Tuesday -- a mystery webcast that promises to include some news and knowing Legere, probably some colorful language.
Mobile users looking for lower prices for higher data caps often turn to mobile virtual network operators like Vaya, Lebara and Amaysim. However, many MVNOs do not yet offer the 4G services sold by the big three telcos.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $1.4 billion.
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities