The discovery of a somewhat alarming bug in the Linux ext4 filesystem provoked a minor wave of panic this week, but project maintainer Theodore Ts'o says it has since become clear that the problem can likely only affect a small number of users.
linux kernel - News, Features, and Slideshows
Version 2.6.38 of the Linux kernel was released by Linus Torvalds overnight, including the much-hyped performance improvement patch amid many feature enhancements and bug fixes.
Linux kernel 2.6.36 has been released by Linus Torvalds and includes a number of performance and security enhancements, including integration of the AppArmor access control system.
A new version of the Linux kernel, 2.6.34, has been released by Linus Torvalds featuring two new file systems and a number of updates to virtualisation and device driver code.
The first Linux kernel release of 2010 has arrived with version 2.6.33 and it is big on graphics with a new open source nVidia driver and support for the Nintendo Wii and GameCube gaming consoles, in addition to usual high-end features.
Less than a week after Linux kernel 2.6.31 was released, the kernel developers are beginning to submit changes and improvements across virtualization, power management, file systems and device driver code for the upcoming 2.6.32 version.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.